Amazing Tips to a Stress Free Wedding Week
1. Finalize on your wedding itinerary. Have a realistic wedding timeline. You should have no room for error. Make use of your wedding planner and ask for all the guidance that you may need. He/she most probably has done this very many times, thus can help you avoid making simple mistakes. Finalize on your itinerary at the beginning of your wedding week. Make sure you confirm all details with all of your vendors and distribute the copies of the timeline to your family members and the bridal party at the rehearsal dinner. This will keep everyone on the same page about what needs to be done and who needs to be where and when.
2. Remember to make sure that your wedding gown fits properly. It’s embarrassing to put on the wedding gown on the wedding day and notice that some of the alterations were not complete. Make sure to take the dress out of the bag after you have bought it so that it has enough time to settle and “breath”.
3. Drop off all the necessary reception and ceremony items to your wedding venue. This includes unity candles, table numbers, your sign-in book, bathroom amenity baskets, the card box, etc. Ensure that you organize everything into bins. You should also include notes with special instructions, if any, about what goes where. Give the venue coordinator a full list of the items that need to be returned to you after the celebrations like the cake topper or framed photos.
4. If you can be able to avoid having the rehearsal dinner the night before the wedding, please do. Schedule the rehearsal dinner two days before. This is to avoid being over scheduled before the wedding. Some of couples often prefer to have some time alone for themselves the night before their wedding so as to spend some quality time together.
5. Create a diagram for the ceremony. You should have an order of how all the attendants will sit, and properly list where and in what order the family will sit in the rows. This way, you will not forget to sit people at the right place.
6. Delegate duties. You will not be able to do everything by yourself. It’s advisable that you outsource people like wedding planners and wedding coordinators to help you. You can also seek for help from a good friend or family member. Another way to save a lot of time is by designating someone to greet and meet all the out-of-town guests at the airport. You may be excited to meet everyone and want to pick up everyone at the airport by yourself but don’t stress yourself out.
7. Designate a person such as the maid of honor or the wedding planner who knows just as much about the wedding as you know. Mostly, this is usually a maid of honor or your sister. This is because she knows when you need and can also help calm your mom down. Importantly, she will relieve you the duty of being the go-to person for every wedding question.